Every academic year in the UK, there are hundreds of allegations of sexual misconduct in universities. In 2018-2019, there were 1,436 allegations of sexual harrassment or sexual violence against university students.
At Alpha Academic Appeals, we have barristers with years of experience of both prosecuting and defending cases of sexual misconduct, including rape and other serious sexual offences. Beyond the university system, we also have experience of advocacy in the Magistrates’ and Crown Courts. Some of our barristers have worked as in-house lawyers for the Crown Prosecution Service and appeared on national media as experts in sexual misconduct issues.
We can help students navigate the university’s complaints or appeals process, as well as the accompanying investigations.
Our aim is to provide high quality advice and legal representation for students who find themselves in this unfortunate situation and to reduce the extreme stress that so often accompanies sexual misconduct procedures at university.
Contact us for a free enquiry. Please take a look at our FAQs first and then either complete the online enquiry here or call us directly on 0800 368 9230.
10 Reasons to Choose Alpha Academic Appeals
- Same day appointments available. Fast access to university appeal experts.
- Highly qualified team of 10 specialist barristers, including 1 mediator, 1 arbitrator and 2 former Crown Prosecution Service advocates.
- Team includes 3 former university lecturers, with insider knowledge of universities.
- Free initial enquiry (subject to adviser availability) with no obligations.
- Specialism in student appeals and misconduct cases.
- Extensive experience and proven track record (see Reviews).
- Fixed price. No unpredictable hourly rates for reading documents, answering e-mails, etc.
- Approachable and personal service, available 7 days a week, from 7.30am to 10pm (UK time).
- We train university staff and student advisers.
- Embassies, solicitors, academics and student unions refer students to us for help with their appeals.
Download Our Free Guide to Writing a Winning University Appeal Now