Every academic year in the UK, there are hundreds of allegations of sexual misconduct in universities. In 2018-2019, there were 1,436 allegations of sexual harrassment or sexual violence against university students.
At Alpha Academic Appeals, we have barristers with years of experience of both prosecuting and defending cases of sexual misconduct, including rape and other serious sexual offences. Beyond the university system, we also have experience of advocacy in the Magistrates’ and Crown Courts. Some of our barristers have worked as in-house lawyers for the Crown Prosecution Service and appeared on national media as experts in sexual misconduct issues.
We can help students navigate the university’s complaints or appeals process, as well as the accompanying investigations.
Our aim is to provide high quality advice and legal representation for students who find themselves in this unfortunate situation and to reduce the extreme stress that so often accompanies sexual misconduct procedures at university.
Contact us for a free enquiry. Please take a look at our FAQs first and then either complete the online enquiry here or call us directly on 0800 368 9230.
10 Reasons to Choose Alpha Academic Appeals
- Trusted by student unions, embassies, lawyers, and academics. As of December 2023, we have 66 independent Google Reviews, each with a perfect 5* score.
- Same day appointments 7 days a week, subject to availability
- Reduce stress by allowing our team of experts to do all the hard work
- Barrister led. Benefit from the advice of our 14 barristers
- Clear, honest and confidential advice on improving your chances of a successful outcome
- Obtain a sample written statement that you can use as a template
- Obtain a quicker resolution to your problem
- Gain insights from our collective experience of thousands of university appeals and complaints (see Reviews)
- Pay a fixed price (in the vast majority of cases). No unpredictable hourly rates
- Our offices are open every day, with extended hours
Download Our Free Guide to Writing a Winning University Appeal Now